To configure the Outlook App to receive email with the IMAP protocol over SSL, please follow the steps below. Please replace:
|firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address
example.com with your domain name
your_server.com with your server's host name (you can find your server's host name listed in the upper left corner of your Control Panel)
1. Open the Outlook App.
2. Choose "File" -> "Add Account".
3. Enter your email address. Click "Connect".
4. Click on "IMAP".
5. Use the following settings:
Encryption method: SSL/TLS
Encryption method: STARTTLS
Do not enable "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)".
6. Enter your mail password. Click "Connect".
7. The "Account successfully added" screen should show up. Click "Done".
8. Go to File -> email@example.com -> "Account Settings" -> "Account Name and Sync Settings". In the "Root folder path" field, enter INBOX as on the following screenshot. Click Next. Click Done.
9. If you do not see all your mail folders, right-click on Inbox in the left Navigation Pane, and choose "IMAP Folders...". Click the Query button. Select the missing folders, and click Subscribe. Click OK to close the dialog.